Your holidays are an opportunity to make your health better and more relaxed.Here are some tips to enjoy your holidays cheaply and happily:
1. Plant some vegetables or herbs together. Even if you have no garden, you can have so much fun collecting recyclable pots, decorating them, filling them with potting mix and planting seeds. My advice is to do this at the beginning of the holidays and choose something fast growing so you can water them and watch them grow over the holidays. Cost 00 dh.
2. Walk or cycle to Mjoune for a sightseeing. Cost 00 dh
3. Day at Abayno springs. Cost 30 dh appr.
4.Walk in one of the many forests or use your bike. Cost 00 dh.
5. Swimming in Quasbah. Cost 20 dh appr.
6.Camp-out in garden or living room depending on weather.Cost $0.
7.Park and picnic visiting Zaouit Charkawa. Cost 20 dh appr.
8. Bedroom Make-over. Every room needs a sort out once in a while and a new ‘look’. School holidays are the perfect opportunity. Search the shops and internet for cheap ways to update your room. http://www.designdazzle.com is a great starting point for gorgeous ideas and links to other sites but even just moving things around is great fun to do with kids. Cost from 00 dh-you decide.
9. The No Particular Reason Party – invite as many people as you like to bring a plate of finger food & a bottle. Cost 00 dh.
10. Get to know your city: visit King’s Farm(domaine),Sugar factory or climb up Teldat mountain . Cost 00 dh.
11. Write an adventure story together. Cost $0
12. Take photos for posterity, it’ll make great memories for the future. Cost 00 dh
13. Create new gifts and toys for friends…Friends will love it.
14. Camp beside the river…use natural materials.00 dh to 100 dh you decide.
15. Picnic in your local public Gardens, there are always some never very far away and what is more relaxing than taking an armload of stories and a picnic rug and spending a lazy morning doing absolutely nothing much. You may even have the luxury of being able to take your own novel and enjoy the beautiful silence. Cost 00 dh.
16. Fairs & markets. Find out about the weekly markets ( Lakhmiss,Sidi Moukhtar,Mzoudia,Imintanoute,Lala Aziza) and spend the morning exploring one. Cost 00 dh.
17. Visit Marrakech on Friday to get for free into The sparking monuments(Bahia and Badii palace,Dar si Said,Saadiins tombs,etc).Cost 50dh appr.(for transport and food).